Andre Ribeirinho | Food, Wine & Travel

A hedonist's guide!

Episode 1: Discovering Hungary

with 11 comments

Spent 5 days in Hungary discovering its multicultural food and wine culture. Travelled to Tokaj to taste deliciously sweet wines and fresh white wines. Stopped in Eger to learn about Bikavér and meet a group of fantastic wine makers. Finally wandered around Budapest and visited the glorious food market.

I’ve been wanting to do videos of my food and wine discovery trips for a while. This is my first attempt at it. This time I’ve decided to take my DSLR camera to Hungary and film as much as I could. When I came back I edited the footage and this is the final result. Let me know what you think!

Written by andrerib

March 12, 2013 at 10:32

Posted in Episodes

Tagged with , , , , , ,

11 Responses

1. The cheeses and the market look amazing! Such a fun little video that literally made me drool… I would love to make a food discovery trip to that part of the world!

Marthafied

March 12, 2013 at 10:36

• Thank you for you comment. The food market is quite impressive. Hope you can make that trip.

andrerib

March 12, 2013 at 21:18

2. Nicely done.

Pics tell a story but video without commentary can set the scene better than communicate data behind it.

Amazing food–what was it. Great landscapes–where where they.

This is the big challenge in doing video as we know.

Inspired but doesn’t inform as much.

But inspire it did.

awaldstein (@awaldstein)

March 12, 2013 at 11:36

• Agreed. Lots of space to evolve. Videos is visually exciting but needs information add-ons. Trying to understand where to go from here.

andrerib

March 12, 2013 at 21:21

3. Makes me hungry, and …. ! Really nice job for this first great video ! Good timing, good music, good feeling, awesome content ! ;) Cheers

FabLn

March 12, 2013 at 11:47

• Thank you! You know I’ve been wanting to do this for a while. Finally started it!

andrerib

March 12, 2013 at 21:21

4. What an awesome video!!!

pearlsandparis

March 13, 2013 at 19:06

• Thank you!

andrerib

March 13, 2013 at 22:19

5. Wow, what a surprise! Never associated Hungary with any of these things until I followed your trip. And very curious about Hungarian wine. if good enough for you…

• I was quite surprised too. Pretty exciting wine culture in Hungary! Lets taste some of their wines next time we’re together!

andrerib

March 15, 2013 at 16:13

6. What’s up to every , because I am really eager of reading this web site’s post to be updated regularly.
    It includes fastidious material.