Posts Tagged ‘spain’
Cadaqués is the type of village that I’m easily attracted to. A fishing port surrounded by small white houses with a kind of charming sunset colours that can make you fall in love at first sight. I was in Cadaqués to eat and eat well. My destination was a restaurant called Compartir.
Compartir is the Spanish word for sharing and that’s exactly what restaurant Compartir is all about. Dishes are specifically designed to be shared and to create conversation at the table. I was explained during lunch that in a table of 4 people a dish will always only include 3 or 5 units in an attempt to get people to discuss and enjoy together the moment of eating. I like it!
The dates and location of the 2013 Digital Wine Communications Conference have been announced. This year’s EWBC will repeat its first ever location in 2008 and head to Logroño in Rioja, Spain on 25-27 October 2013.
This year’s EWBC theme is Flavour, reflecting the need to embrace the diversity of the world of wine in all its shapes (regions, grape varieties, wines, communicators, etc). An exciting and very actual topic for those involved in wine business.
The EWBC is one of the best professional wine events of the year and a great opportunity to network with some of the most interesting people working in the wine industry. Attended by all flavours of wine professionals including wine bloggers and digital communicators from over 35 countries around the globe, the EWBC is an important annual meeting point to stay updated on current wine industry trends.
I’ve been fortunate to be one of the only 2 people (besides the organizers) who has participated in all 5 EWBCs so far (Oscar Quevedo is the other). Also because I’m a 2008 alumni I get a free ticket this year (well played guys!).
Going to its 6th edition the EWBC has visited many countries in the past:
- The first ever edition of the EWBC was held in Rioja in 2008 where 40 bloggers from around the world got together to discuss wine and social Media.
- In 2009 the conference visited Lisbon, Portugal. The Adegga team helped organize this edition which was a tremendous success with over 150 participants.
- In 2010 the conference headed to Vienna, Austria and was a great opportunity to discover it’s fantastic wine regions and some delicious Grüner Veltliner wines with the other 200 participants.
- In 2011 the conference was held in Franciacorta, Italy. A great opportunity to discover some great Italian sparkling wines and delicious Tuscan wines in a superb post trip. 220 people attended.
- Finally last year, the EWBC 2012 took place in Izmir, Turkey and was a fantastic opportunity for the 280 people to visit and discover one of the most dynamic and exciting countries in the world, including it’s old and new wine culture.
The 2013 conference is sponsored by the Consejo Regulador de la Denominación de Origen Rioja and organized by Ryan Opaz, Gabriella Opaz and Robert McIntosh of social media company Vrazon.
Looking forward to another great event!